Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Famous Indian Paintings and Art


All of the different faiths in India have many different gods and godesses.  As such, it seems natural that some of the Indian paintings and art depict these dieties.  I am partial to the painting on the left.  It is called Lakshmi and is by Raja Ravi Varma.  Raja Ravi Varma has painted many paintings showing various Indian gods and godesses.



In addition to his paintings of gods and godesses, Raja Ravi Varma painted many of things. 
 One of my favorites of his is this one seen to the right.  It is simply titled, Lady with Fruits.  It was difficult for me to pick out my favorite painting of his because he has so many excellent ones.  When I decided to make a blog about Indian paintings and art I knew I had to start out talking about Raja Ravi Varma.  He was the artist/painter who got me to start really liking Indain paintings and arts.  I hope you like his Indian paintings as much as I do!




3 comments: